Tuesday 10 April 2012

TOW#6 It takes a village to embed a @#$%&#)( project in my blog

It takes a village to embed a @#$%^&%$# pr project into my blog Thank God for helpful friends. It is ironic that my pr strategy was about Community building because I needed a community to get this project done. First, Research research research. Then, a whole lot of brainstorming. How does this place survive? Why do more people not know how awesome it is? Could it handle a massive media campaign? What if hundreds more women needed services? So, the timing before launching would have to be carefully looked at. When brainstorming, I need to talk at length about these things. Secondly, I have kids, and they are so over me this week. I will make sure they love me again soon.I'm lucky to have supports to let me get my work done. Thirdly, this is my first power point of the year. I have managed to always present without using a powerpoint, Who needs em I say. Apparently this profession requires it....and , that is understandable. I kept planning on learning, just like the plan to slow cook steel cut oats and organic apples, I have procrastinated. But I had to this time and so, I relied on my community. I'd like to thank Ray for not judging, Alix for her judging and generousity, and Matt for the last minute save. I actually think the NEWC is a place that should be a palace with a spa. The staff should be paid extremely well, the perks should be lavish. I wish they had a new building like The Humane Society. It is a beacon of hope in an area that really needs it. I would love the chance to put these ideas into action. But I would gather my community first. Lucky right?

1 comment: